Still busy, so don’t be surprised if I don’t update tomorrow, but I said I’d be back today with a Warrior Women post and I am. The illustration on this one is from Mike Cavallaro‘s contribution to this year’s Wonder Woman Day charity auction benefiting domestic violence shelters.
Jessica Beil is supposedly under consideration to play Wonder Woman in the JLA movie. But then, lots of people have been rumored for that role, so back up that dump truck full of salt to take this with.
If it’s true though, I won’t complain. I’d rather see someone Mediterranean in the role, but at least it’s not Sarah Michelle Gellar.
Rumor also has it that the JLA movie will be a hopeful launchpad for Wonder Woman and Flash franchises.
Thoughts on the Green Arrow/Black Canary Wedding Special:
- Amanda Conner should draw every comic DC makes.
- Apart from some continuity errors (particularly Barbara Gordon’s being excited about the wedding announcement when in Birds of Prey she was clearly the opposite of excited), not a bad story for a Judd Winick issue. I actually laughed out loud in a couple of places.
- I don’t have the same problems with the end that some other folks do. Yes, it came out of nowhere, but that’s sort of the point.
- I don’t believe that was Ollie. If it was, that’s the worst piece of writing ever because, yeah, why did Dinah resort to a lethal option when she had numerous, non-lethal ones available?
- Since it was written by Winick, my confidence that this was completely thought through isn’t 100% here, but assuming a rational DCU, I can see the scenario playing out as it did if Dinah realized that it wasn’t Ollie and freaked out about it enough that she immediately went for the lethal attack.
- But yeah, “rational DCU” might not be a safe assumption considering things like Amazons Attack. Still, I’m willing to keep reading and see where it goes.
I didn’t know about the real life jungle girl in Cambodia. Looks like she’s gone back home.