I’m going to take the week off from the LXB (I’m unqualified to talk about reality TV treasure hunters), but won’t let that keep me from pointing out that last week’s Top Ten Movies assignment was super popular and successful.
I especially love the themed lists that three of the members came up with, so I’ll list those first.
- Top Ten Monkey Movies [Cool and Collected]
- Top Ten Time Travel Movies [Cavalcade of Awesome]
- Top Ten Vincent Price Movies [AEIOU and Sometimes Why]
But, as predicted, there were lots of movies that could easily have gone on my own list.
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Summer School, Back to the Future, and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off [Flashlights Are Something to Eat]
- Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure and Monty Python and the Holy Grail [Life With Fandom]
- Can’t Buy Me Love and The Avengers (I debated including The Avengers on my list, but decided I needed some distance from it to give it an objective ranking. I’m glad to see not everyone was that shy, because my feeling is that it deserves to be there.) [Random Toy Reviews]
- Terminator, Die Hard, and First Blood [Movie Hodge Podge]
- This is Spinal Tap [That Figures, who gets bonus points for also picking Night of the Demon.]
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Aliens, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, and Batman (1966) [My pal Erik Johnson]
- The Crow [Jason Vorhees]
- Lean On Me [Team Hellions]
Some of those were picked by multiple bloggers, so I linked to the one I saw first. Seriously, the LXB roll call on this one is full of great films, so if you’re looking to kill some time, you should check them all out.